Sunday, October 22, 2006

Nothing matters. Now what? (#34)

I hate things today; My reason has seemed to disappear entirely, I feel sick, I am sick, i'm sad, i'm aggrivated. I'm sad and agrrivated at the world for not realizing that it's us, ourselves, that are ultimatly destroying ourselves.

We can fix it if everyone tried, but no one tries. The post-modern ideal of do nothing, and care about nothing, because everything is meaningless, is self destructive, and does nothing to progress anything, but come on, I mean thats pointless as well, so why do anything?

I understand the fact that everything is meaningless, so why do I act like an impeccable warrior all the same? Well, because I can. Why not? If, in the end result everything is the same when it comes down to it, why sit here and be depressed, or kill myself, or do drugs and destroy things that I could care about, when instead I could do something about anything because we hold the ability to do something about anything.

Progression is something I value, that has arisen out of the fact that everything is meaningless. Back to a quote I made along time ago...

"If everything matters, why do anything? If nothing matters, why do nothing?"

It's odd too, because I don't dislike post-modernism, I actually share many views and ideals of post-modernism, but it's the fact that so many other people do, BUT DO NOTHING in life, is something that really pisses me off.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Theodore Geisel (Dr. Seuss)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home